What Causes Cavities And Tooth Decay
Simple Precautions For The Protection Of Oral And Dental Health
Prevention of tooth decay is based on giving importance to oral hygiene, as well as neutralizing the acidic oral environment during the day.
- Teeth should be brushed at least 2 times a day for 2-3 minutes. While brushing not only the front but all the surfaces of the teeth should be brushed. At the end the top of the tongue should be brushed to remove the bacterial plaque on the tongue.
- Dental floss should be used to clean the interproximal areas that the toothbrush cannot reach.
- Fluorinated mouthwashes can be used to strengthen the tooth structure and have an healthy oral hygiene, but it should be kept in mind that these mouthwashes are not enough on their own without brushing teeth.
- Consuming sweet, sugary foods with main meals during the day causes teeth to be exposed to acid less frequently.
- After taken sweet foods if there is no possibility to brush teeth, the mouth should be rinsed with plenty of water, or sugar-free gum should be chewed to stimulate the salivary glands to produce.
- Foods such as cucumbers and carrots that require a lot of chewing and contain less sugar, helps to correct the acidic environment.
- Cheese is a food that has a serious effect on protecting teeth. Eating a piece of cheese improves the mouth environment and prevents the formation of caries.
- Visiting the dentist every 6 months helps protect your teeth by getting early diagnosed.